Careers with BCSP
Career Opportunities at The Board of Certified Safety Professionals
The Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) began in 1969 as a peer certification board. Its main purpose is to certify practitioners in the safety profession.
- Sets standards for professional safety practitioners.
- Evaluates the academic and professional experience qualifications of CSP candidates and applicants.
- Develops and administers examinations.
- Issues certificates of qualifications to those professionals who meet BCSPs criteria and successfully pass its examinations.
- Monitors continued professional development through madatory recertification requirements.
Must be a good problem solver; bring innovation and creativity to solutions; learn quickly; code with clarity, consistency, and modularity; prepare good documentation; have good communication skills; and have the ability to estimate level of effort from specifications and work close to estimate.
Please read the detailed job description and complete an application form.
To apply, mail a completed and signed application form, your resume, any salary requirements, and at least three references to:
Board of Certified
Attn: Human Resources
2301 W. Bradley Ave
Champaign, IL 61821
Or e-mail the documents to:
We offer an outstanding benefit package and work environment.
From time to time, BCSP has internships available. Ideal candidates for an internship are college students not necessarily majoring in safety or a related field who possess effective listening, speaking, and writing skills. We’re looking for individuals who are quick learners, conceptually gifted, analytical, productive, persistent, positive, and results oriented. If you’re interested in learning more about the certification process, send send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
2301 W. Bradley Avenue
Champaign, IL 61821
Contact: Human Resources
Phone: +1 217-353-3990
Email: Gary Shae, MBA, SPHR